Monday, May 6, 2013

We love this baby

Vivienne is growing so much and she shows her little personality more and more each day. I try to keep track of the cute things she does and the milestones she reaches in a little journal (as in paper and pen) so that one day she can have it for herself. As for my online recordings of the things she does, I get around to that maybe every 6 months or so. Anyway, here are a few things I wrote down and want to always remember.

Vivienne loves to put on my long necklaces and wear them around the house. Whether she wears them backwards, over the shoulder or correctly she wears it around like its part of her everyday attire. I love it :). Not just necklaces, but she loves to take dish towels or any bit of clothing she finds and drape it around her neck and shoulders, or even wear it over her head. I have a cute video Morgan took the other day to show you:

She also loves to play silly games where she does something repeatedly and finds it hilarious! Sometimes it means running around the family room and then running back to me and throwing herself on my lap and that is enough to make her laugh uncontrollably, or other times she will go squeeze herself in a corner until you look at her or tickle her then she runs away laughing until she decides to run back and squeeze into the corner again. Whatever the “game” is she can go on forever and it is just as funny the first time as the last. Here she is before bedtime throwing herself on the floor (surprising not because she’s throwing a tantrum) and laughing it up.

(Oh and if you didn’t know already, yes I am pregnant, which you can tell in the video. Baby is 20 weeks along and due September 20th, gender unknown.)

Other noteworthy things she does, but I don’t have video of, is that she has started trying to put her clothes back on after we are getting undressed for bath time. She’ll grab her socks, shirt, pants, whatever and try to pull it over her feet. She is not successful, but it’s cute to watch. She also has finally mastered the high five, putting the stacking rings on the stacking toy stand, and drinking her bottle all on her own. It is also very apparent that this baby girl is a strong willed little booger :). She occasionally will refuse to eat if it has to be in her chair, but if she can run around and get a bite in when she feels like it, then she’ll eat just about whatever you want her to. She got some cute new gold glitter jelly sandals and she loves them. She loves to suck on the them, carry them around and sometimes she likes to try to snap them shut, but she is not yet successful there. Its just so fun to see how her little brain works. We recently built a garden box in our backyard with a bench surrounding it and she loves to grab the mulch from the garden bed and fill Ruby’s water bowl with dirt. Unfortunately she also loves to grab handfuls of dirt, lift it over her head and let go letting dirt fall all over her head. She doesn’t like it when we try to stop her from playing in the garden bed… I think we should have built the bed taller, but oh well. Ok so I can’t make any promises, but I’m going to try to upload some more pictures later of her wearing necklaces and just being cute. Don’t hold your breath though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment